Saxophone Forum

by connsaxman_jim
(2336 posts)
19 years ago

The sax players way of dealing with phone solicitors

Hey everyone, I am writing this post after MCI has called me 5 times in one day asking me to switch to their telephone service. They're the last company I would care to have for long distance, but that's a whole other story. After the 4th time of telling them "Look, I haven't changed my mind since the last 3 times you've called, please don't call again", I figured that the 5th call required more drastic measures. I was just playing around with my soprano sax when the 5th call came. I backed away from the phone and said "Can you please hold for a second while I grab my other phone so I can hear you better", pulled the mouthpiece off the soprano (as if a tenor or alto wasn't bad enough). I returned to the phone and asked if the person was still there, and then I blew just the mouthpiece into the phone as loud and as long as I could and hung up, laughing histarically. It was a lot of fun! Give it a try sometime!!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

19 years ago

Re: The sax players way of dealing with phone solicitors

Funny! With any luck, you might have sterlized them. I guess they can now answer the question "Is it live or memorex"!

Reply To Post

1. by martysax
      (148 posts)

19 years ago

PhoneSax?

Reply To Post

1. by azn_seagull02
        (26 posts)

19 years ago

haha im 14 and i dont have to worry about that but ill keep that in mind next time if i have my mouthpiece lying around. haha

Reply To Post

1. by eman19
          (131 posts)

19 years ago

Thats a nice way to deal with it=o). I might have to try that. You should put yourself on the do not call list, if they call you, you can bring legal action against them.

Reply To Post

2. by mooing_sheep
          (20 posts)

19 years ago

HAHAHAHA, hilarious! That'll learn 'em tell ya what :o)

Reply To Post