Saxophone Forum

by zoot
(21 posts)
10 years ago

Otto Link Hard Rubber Mouthpiece

I'm looking for a sort of dark husky jazz sound, and I wanted to know if an Otto Link rubber mouthpiece would do the trick. Also, what facing would you recomend for that dark sound I'm loking for. (I play a tenor)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by reedat
    (5 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Otto Link Hard Rubber Mouthpiece

a six* or seven *

Reply To Post

1. by FredCDobbs
      (77 posts)

10 years ago

Vandoren: I play a metal Otto Link STM 7, and it gives me exactly that husky dark tone you're talking about. I also sometimes use a hard rubber Berg Larsen 105/2, which is brighter, and has more power (I think the 105 is slightly wider than the Link 7), but it's a bit harder for me to control. I love the dark tone of the Link, so that's the one usually on my 10M.

Reply To Post

2. by bvconway
    (1 post)

6 years ago

The best dark husky sounds I've heard on YouTube are: Joel Frahm www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHcSTA5Nx8 Davesax on YouTube www.youtube.com/watch?v=RczWDmf9res and they are both Selmer Short Shank mouthpieces. Amazing. I think both horns are Selmer Mk VI, not sure.

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (823 posts)

6 years ago

This post is 3 years old. Please quit bringing back a conversation that has been over for years. The people who started it may not even be around any more. If you have a question or want to contribute don't go so far back. It's rude to the rest of us.....Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Tranesyadaddy
        (279 posts)

6 years ago

man lighten up. this is a sax forum not a flute forum. anyway I quite enjoy youtube links (though I think the mpc in the first vid sounds more like a Link than a Selmer).

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

6 years ago

what's a melonhead?

Reply To Post