Saxophone Forum

by SETEKh
(1 post)
19 years ago

PINK PANTHER

Hello, Looking for Tenor Sax SHeet Music for the Pink Panther Theme by Mancini. Can someone please email this to me? Thanks to everyone for making this a killer forum!!!! [email protected]

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by JazzSaxAttack
    (14 posts)

19 years ago

Re: PINK PANTHER

I don't know where to get it from either, but if anyone knows where to get the part in alto, let me know, I was looking for it yesterday and i couldn't find it. Good Luck SETEKh

Reply To Post

1. by mojocoggo
      (97 posts)

19 years ago

Not this again.....

I remember seeing a post like this way way back in these forums... A bunch of people, who registered for the forums today, and only have ONE post, and it is asking for this sheet music... Anyway... try a Google search for "pink panther sheet music." I'm sure it's everywhere.....

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by EL Seano
        (255 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Not this again.....

Once again, Jim has a point, it is quite easy to transcribe, and if you're unable to do that, you can simply ask someone else to do it. This would save you buying a whole book of Mancini transcriptions (same thing happened to me, i bought that silly book) and would up your level in transcibing (a very important tool in jazz). And second of all, to JazzSaxAttack, what was rude about mojocoggo's post? He clearly offered you advice!

Reply To Post

2. by Saxon
        (100 posts)

19 years ago

I think the original sax part was played by a C tenor!

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
          (767 posts)

19 years ago

the original was played by Plas Johnson on a Bb Tenor, Selmer I think. Now he plays Yanagisawa.

Reply To Post

3. by JazzSaxAttack
        (14 posts)

19 years ago

first of all mojocoggo that was kind of rude, and it is not like I just joined this forum to ask for pink panther sheet music. I just assumed that since we share the same love for sax and music someone could point me in the right direction, but you know what they say about assuming. 2nd: saxon thanx 4 trying to be helpful 3rd: johnsonfromwisconsin : I understand where you are coming from, but I wasn't trying to get something someone else payed for just so I could be cheap. I just wanted to know where to find it. 4th: Sax mom :thanx for the advice, I already know a little of it from just playing around but Ill either find it and buy it, or figure the rest out.

Reply To Post

2. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

19 years ago

I have exactly what you're looking for, but it ain't going to happen. Look to purchase the score yourself, legally, like I did. Google for it!

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

19 years ago

Way to go, Johnson! One piece of advice for people looking for the music for a specific saxophone--if you can't find it written specifically for alto or tenor, you can learn to transpose off the piano score. Tenors need to play it one whole step higher than what is written, Altos need to play it a minor third lower than what is written. (Pay attention to whether it is in the bass clef or treble!)

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Just download the MP3 and play along with it until you have it. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Saxon
            (100 posts)

19 years ago

Just get a C melody and you won't have this trouble!

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
            (2336 posts)

19 years ago

a C Melody? please!!! It's a really easy song! I learned it in about 5 minutes! Learn to play it in the original key. You should learn these scales! PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

3. by EL Seano
            (255 posts)

19 years ago

Once again, Jim has a point, it is quite easy to transcribe, and if you're unable to do that, you can simply ask someone else to do it. This would save you buying a whole book of Mancini transcriptions (same thing happened to me, i bought that silly book) and would up your level in transcibing (a very important tool in jazz). And second of all, to JazzSaxAttack, what was rude about mojocoggo's post?

Reply To Post

4. by JazzSaxAttack
            (14 posts)

19 years ago

Well El seano, I just found it a little rude the way mojocoggo responded. If he did not mean to sound rude then maybe I misunderstood and I am very sorry.

Reply To Post

5. by connsaxman_jim
            (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I think mojocoggo has a valid point. There are many people who come to this forum and all they want is free info, or music, and then they never even say so much as thank you. They never contribute anything to this forum. I'm not saying that this is you JazzSax, and I am always happy to help. A thank you and a few comments would be nice though.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

6. by JazzSaxAttack
            (14 posts)

19 years ago

I am glad to understand why he may have felt the obligaion to be a little rude, but like i said before I didn't join to get free music, and the free info is part of discussing saxophones. There would be nothing to talk about if the discussions were not informational to some point. Even the arguments that go on this forum are informational to some point until people start calling names. I would also like to add A BIG THANK YOU to anyone that has responded to my responses. The reason I don't say a lot is because I am not always able to be online and i don't feel the need to respond to everything i read. Most of the time I like to read and soak up knowledge from the rest of ya'll. connsaxman_jim I always like to read the things you write because they are blunt. I know that was a little out of context, but I didn't know how to incorporate that last sentence into this paragraph with out it sounding crazy anyways.

Reply To Post

7. by mojocoggo
            (97 posts)

19 years ago

Just to kinda back up my point, and tell you where I'm comming from, here is the old post about free sheet music. Note how it has been locked by the moderators. Take a look at those people's profiles. All of them only have one post... www.saxquest.com/forumThreadView.asp?ForumUID=6&ThreadUID=85 Hope this cleared things up a little. :-)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

8. by JazzSaxAttack
            (14 posts)

19 years ago

I see what cha mean! you're right here were very few who did have more then one post, but don't assume that every new person who arrives here is like that.

Reply To Post