Saxophone Forum

by ORIF
(10 posts)
19 years ago

Vito Alto

I was wondering about how much A Vito beginner/intermediate alto would be worth. Its in excellent condition key work wise, not so great on the laqure. Im thinking of selling it in the future, cause I want to buy an oleg, so thank you to anyone who responds.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Vito Alto

be careful, do you know when it was made? some of the older, 1960 vsp models are very valuable to some people. i have a 1962 vsp i found for 100.00 but i or the gentleman i got it from didn't know what it was. there is very little info on these horns serial numbers are not kept for them and leblanc will no longer help as they did me. otherwise if you know it's history go to leblanc's web page and you can get the info you want.

Reply To Post

1. by ORIF
      (10 posts)

19 years ago

Alright, cool. Thanks a bunch. I'll check into that.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by i just play
        (16 posts)

19 years ago

Some vitos are good horns. The ones that say made in Japan are either yamaha 23 stencils or as mentioned above Yanagisawa stencils. VSP is pure Yanagisawa either 800 or 880 series in soprano and 900 series in Baritone. extremely early vitos are either assembled in the U.S.A. with parts made by Beaugnier or Pure beaugnier with made in france engraved on it. Some of these horns like the vito special or the "duke" are very nice and under rated horns. The japan vitos are good horns for a student though. I hope i've been helpful

Reply To Post