Saxophone Forum

by calusm
(3 posts)
19 years ago

New lesson teaching idea.

Hello, I have recently discovered an alternative to the normal private lesson approach. As a sax teacher for 8 years, I have always run into the problem of students not being able to make it for a lesson, whether it be a problem of driving distance, or a lame excuse, it is a problem that faces a lot of private instructors I'm sure. I ran across a website that offers live online lessons by webcam. www.musiclessonz.com does this, they have their own software and multiple teachers. It is mostly for guitar players. Their software uses tab instead of staffed music. I am trying to start a project similar to this for saxophone players. my website is www.geocities.com/craigalundgren/index.html I would like feedback as to how to get the word out about this project. Take a look at the website and tell me if you think this is a good business idea. thanks!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by west
    (242 posts)

19 years ago

Re: New lesson teaching idea.

don't think the link is working. Do you want businesses that would like your suggestion or do you want students?

Reply To Post

1. by mojocoggo
      (97 posts)

19 years ago

EWWW!! Windows!!! That video confrence thing would work SO much better on a Mac!!! You could even do a 4 way video chat! Seriously... Even if the teacher had a Mac, they could still have video confrences with Windows users....

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by ORIF
    (10 posts)

19 years ago

I dont like it, doesnt' sound good. I dont think it would work well, and transfer rates would set off quality of stuff as well.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by calusm
      (3 posts)

19 years ago

the system obviously works best with broadband connections, but I have very high quality video and audio capabilities, so that the student can hear and see my demonstrations in good quality. The student doesn't even need to have a webcam, just a mic. Hope this clears things up.

Reply To Post

3. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

19 years ago

test

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

4. by calusm
    (3 posts)

19 years ago

I think this link will work now, try it. Sorry about that. Let me know what you think of this idea. www.geocities.com/craigalundgren/index.html

Reply To Post

1. by Saxon
      (100 posts)

19 years ago

I think you'd have a higher hit rate if you just posted pre-recorded set lessons that could be accessed anytime. People are busy!

Reply To Post

1. by mojocoggo
        (97 posts)

19 years ago

Now that's a good idea :-)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM