Saxophone Forum

by quikslvr1200
(3 posts)
19 years ago

Selmer's La Voix?

Has anyone tried the Selmer tenor saxophone "La voix". I was shopping around and i stumbled upon this one. Can anyone give me any feedback on it?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by EL Seano
    (255 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Selmer's La Voix?

Ask Saxman88. he owns one

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I have tried a LaVoix. As for sound and intonation, they're not bad. I would definately recommend playing one before you buy it though. These horns are made in Taiwan, and I don't think the quality is very consistant. Many of Conn/Selmer's horns are made in Taiwan now.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

19 years ago

La Voix=Cannonball.

Reply To Post

1. by quikslvr1200
          (3 posts)

19 years ago

Are cannonball's good?

Reply To Post

2. by sax_maniac
          (984 posts)

19 years ago

Good enough for some - not good enough for others. They feel and sound ok (not great or awesome, but OK), but if it craps out on you in a couple years, don't be surprised. The quality of Chinese/Taiwan mfg'd horns is getting better, but it takes time for the reputation to be established. Selmer is making their student/sheap (non-Paris lines) in Rice-land now, so that means that selmer's going onthe cheap or the quality has reached a decent level. I think that it's a little of both. Frankly, I find these horns to be disposable in nature - resale is tough, so be conscientious with what you spend and how you treat it - like anything I suppose. Better off spending the equivalent dollars on a used Couf Superba 1 or Keilwerth.

Reply To Post