Saxophone Forum

by tee196
(31 posts)
19 years ago

Monique Pro saxaphones has anyone heard of them???

I have been watching a beautiful Monique Pro Tenor Saxophone on Ebay, I love the look of these instruments?? Does anybody know how these play, if they play well, or well anything about them. Here is the Link if you would like to look.. please reply: cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16234&item=7332546292&rd=1 Thank You So Much Comments are needed and wanted. Thank You -Tee196

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by franciscogroup
    (1 post)

19 years ago

Re: Monique Pro saxaphones has anyone heard of them???

I havean alto Monique also bought from Dominic and i have had it for about four years and havent had a problem yet. It has a nice sound and easy ability to play

Reply To Post

2. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

19 years ago

Moniques and every other saxophone made in China selling new for under $300 are total pieces of garbage.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Not entirely true, they have gotten better, they have actual pads now. I have one, in case a student has theirs in for repairs. Plays fine enough, except for Low C being the only untuneable note - its 40 cents sharp

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

19 years ago

Pro it is not. Another sax from the used car salesman. Dominic buys them from Asia as plant pots and sells them on.. For a good cheap new sax try antigua winds or go for a secondhand yamaha. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Even the new Moniques are very inconsistant. I played an alto a few months ago that wasn't too bad, but I tried a soprano that was terrible. Of the cheaper saxes, Winston seems to be one of the better ones; or Antigua Winds. I would definately avoid the Schill and Millwaukee also. Most of the cheap Chinese saxes are garbage and barely make it a year without needing repairs costing more than the horn is worth.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by KingNecron
          (76 posts)

19 years ago

I just want to know the deal with this Dominic guy. He seems like he sincerely thinks these are good horns. Now, I could just be incredibly naive, but I'm allowing that he's trying to sell these things, regardless of their crapiness or alleged crapiness (I've never played one). But he goes into such great lengths to establish himself as a legitimate businessman--and I think he is, which is why I find it hard to believe he would pimp out these sub-standard horns. Of course, he loses some credibility when he acts like he buys his horns direct from some "local factory," as the implication is. Made in Communist China, plays like a Communist Saxophone. heh heh--whatever that means.

Reply To Post AIM

3. by KingNecron
          (76 posts)

19 years ago

Here's his website: www.dominicsmusic.com

Reply To Post AIM

4. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I wouldn't trust Dominic at all. That guy lies through his teeth about the horns that he sells! The Monique saxophones are junk. They are made in China and they are very poor quality. David Kessler at Kessler Music is very reputable though. Kessler has some inexpensive student-intermediate instruments like the Antigua Winds, that are still good quality. I would definately check out his site www.kesslermusic.com

Reply To Post Yahoo!

5. by KingNecron
          (76 posts)

19 years ago

But what about Dominic's chubby face? His friendly demeanor and prodigious girth? Is he really a monster? Just kidding. He seems like a swindler to me--no offense, Dominic. Just maybe carry some good horns. In other news, if I ever created my own brand of saxophone I'd call it the "El Dorado." That name just screams "junk horn."

Reply To Post AIM

6. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

Sorry its been done, some early yanis were called el dorado and were engraved sa so on the bell. They were pretty good horns

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

7. by kesslermusic
          (8 posts)

19 years ago

"In other news, if I ever created my own brand of saxophone I'd call it the "El Dorado." That name just screams "junk horn."" --------------------------------------------------------------------- Somewhat already been done... Dorado 600 (made by Yanagisawa - not junk).

Reply To Post