Saxophone Forum

by tee196
(31 posts)
19 years ago

Are there any really good Tenor Saxophones for about 1000 dollars??

Well, ive decided to wait on my quest to find a new tenor saxophone, my price range right now is way too low about 500- 600 dollars, im going to wait probobly about a month or so and get one then when my budget will be about a thousand dollars if not a little more. So i figure i will start my quest to find one at this price now, so i know what i want when i have the money. If you have any reccomendations for saxophones at this price please let me know, also if they are a little cheaper that is fine too, im only 16 soo, the less money the better, also just to let you know, i plan on playing this saxophone for probobly about the rest of my life so i do really need a good one, i will be playing this in church and in jazz band. Please reply any help is greatly wanted and appreciated. Thank You- Tee196

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Are there any really good Tenor Saxophones for about 1000 dollars??

Antigua winds for new horn or much better would be any pre 1963 buescher aristocrat Dave

Reply To Post

1. by tee196
      (31 posts)

19 years ago

Do You know how i could get one of either of these?? Or look at them, like any good websites or anything, ive tried but antigua winds doesnt sell them on their website, and the pre 1963 Buescher aristocrats are kind of hard to find. Thank you for the info. Umm if anyone else has anyother suggesstions feel free to reply.. looking forwad to it. Thanks- Tee196

Reply To Post

1. by tee196
        (31 posts)

19 years ago

Also... sry guys umm, im looking for a tenor saxophone that can sound very mellow, and smooth (what I mainly want) but if i need it it can sound very bright and edgy for jazz, i know alot of that is in the mouthpiece, ligature and reed, so any suggesstions for that would be cool to. PLEASE PLEASE REPLY, DONT LEAVE ME ALONE IN THIS QUEST. Im not very knowledgealble when it comes to this stuff. Thank You -Tee196

Reply To Post

1. by Zheng
          (23 posts)

19 years ago

if ur goin to spend 1000 then try a yamaha student modle or intermedit. the pretty flexable. i played a yts-52 for a long time befor i got my selmer. i dont see the 52 ne more but the 475 is just as good, but if u find a 52 is well worth the 1000

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Dave Dix
          (421 posts)

19 years ago

Kessler music sells Antigua's. Saxquest has a couple of bueschers if you want to look at them but they are quite expensive or you can go the ebay route but if you do you must study the horn carefully Dave

Reply To Post

3. by blackfrancis
          (396 posts)

19 years ago

Check out a King Cleveland or a (relatively speaking) more recent Zephyr. Kings have a great sound and these two models can be had for a good price.

Reply To Post

4. by jbroad572
          (46 posts)

19 years ago

www.kesslermusic.com They sell Antiguas and his Kessler custom model gets good reviews as well. There's more info on them at SOTW, but call him he's a friendly guy and can talk all day about each of them.

Reply To Post

5. by i just play
          (16 posts)

19 years ago

Right on, Dave at Kessler music will hook you up with a great horn for that price. I just bought a kessler custom curved soprano. It makes an early yss-62 sound like garbage. I paid $895.00. Free shipping, AND I got to try the horn for three days. If I didn't like it, I send it back and dave pays the shipping. Risk free. I loved the horn and I know from research that Kesslers offers the same deal on most if not all their horns. Good luck and at least give Dave a call. Peace

Reply To Post