Saxophone Forum

by InstantLunch
(30 posts)
19 years ago

Painful mucus snot gunk

When I play for even 1/2 hr mucus begins to accumulate in the back of my throat and I can't hack it up no matter how hard I try. It also kind of hurts and it always leads to a massive headache and a runny nose. Why is this happening? It never happens during any other time than when I'm playing. I also don't drink any milk, so that can't be it. Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Painful mucus snot gunk

very interesting to say the least. never heard this before. are you breathing through you nose when you play?also you might get more response here with a different title approach than painful mucus snot gunk, some might not ever look thinking it's a hoax. and if you are breathing through yur nose quit it and draw to the diaphram. good luck.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Actually, I've found that when I have a sinus infection, playing my sax seems to aggrevate it. Chances are you have a sinus infection, and you need to go to your doctor and get a decongestant and maybe some antibiotics. Clean your mouthpiece and reeds and soak them in bleach water to kill any of the germs and bacteria so you don't re-infect yourself. It should get better after a while.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by The_§ax
        (147 posts)

19 years ago

The same thing has happened to me when i have a cold or an infection. Go to your doctor

Reply To Post

1. by EL Seano
          (255 posts)

19 years ago

ewwwww.

Reply To Post

2. by brace_face
          (43 posts)

19 years ago

i second that, El Seano.

Reply To Post

3. by Sax_Shark
          (134 posts)

19 years ago

third

Reply To Post

4. by RoYrOy
          (51 posts)

19 years ago

Hey man I feel you, I think I'm allergic to air, because I always have snot gunk, allthough it's not painfull. When I warm up I have to cough up so much sh)$*t to play well. Get this, a friend of mine told me that my solo sounded congested!!!!!

Reply To Post