What makes a Cannonball so good?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by KingNecron
    (76 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Cannonball Pricing

Evidently they're pretty good playing horns that aren't that expensive. I played one at our local music store, but it wasn't really my style. I have a friend that swears by them, though, and I did like his old T-98. Whichever model they have most recently put out (in the last year or so) I'm not so hot on. Check out their website.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Well one of the things that really impressed me about Cannonball is the customer care. They're made of some of the best materials available today. They have tried to capture the spirit of the old King saxophones like their namesake Cannonball Adderly used to play. They have a nice tone, and they have come a long way in their quality in the past two years. I prefer they were US made, but their quality control is much better now than before, and I have the utmost confidence in Tevis and Sheryl to take care of any problems. They run their company the way a company should be ran! I would definately consider a Cannonball sax. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by i just play
    (16 posts)

19 years ago

I just bought a t-5 black ice tenor and I agree,wow. I owned a Yanagisawa 991-b and sold it after playing the two side to side. I think the bell and the necks are the difference. The other tenor that had some bang for the buck was the yts-62 with the new neck. Cannonball seems to be one of the only makers that actually listen to players in the real world. Can you say HIBRID. I am only worried that my horn will be made obselete by new cannonballs now on a drawing board. All the best

Reply To Post