Saxophone Forum

by SaxAppeal
(67 posts)
19 years ago

Selmer Super Action 80 Series II Alto Sax

Hey all, I just bought and recieved a used Selmer Super Action 80 Series 2 alto. It is in very good condition with very small scratches on one side of the bell. The only other wear was some noticable scratches on the neck piece and a tiny dent being almost unnoticable. I bought it off of eBay for $2,026 and another bidder was willing to pay $2,001, so i am assuming it was a good price considering its condition and the horn model. Has anyone played this horn for a good period of time or know about the model ??? On another note i contacted Dominic's and he said this (this is all before i won my new horn :) ): YOU CAN CALL ME AT 978-745-5255 AND WE CAN DISCUSS WHICH INSTRUMENT WOULD BE BEST FOR YOU IN YOUR PRICE RANGE. I DO HAVE ALMOST 1400 INSTRUMENTS IN STOCK. OR YOU CAN VISIT MY WEB SITE: www.dominicsmusic.com FEEL FREE TO CALL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS. THANKS, DOMINIC DOMINIC'S MUSIC THE ENTERPRISE CENTER AT SALEM STATE COLLEGE SUITE # 920 121 LORING AVE. SALEM, MA 01970 (978)745-5255 WEB SITE: www.dominicsmusic.com HOURS: MONDAY TO FRIDAY 10:00 A.M.TO 5:00 P.M. OPEN SATURDAY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY ^^^ Just thought i'd post that since i've heard how bad you thought of him=P

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxAppeal
    (67 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Selmer Super Action 80 Series II Alto Sax

Does anyone know a good classical setup on the SA 80? Like a Selmer C* mouthpiece and vandoren 3 reeds?

Reply To Post

1. by jamterry
      (573 posts)

19 years ago

I always used a a C*, but I heard that the new Selmer mouthpieces are not as good as the one that came with my horn. Connsaxman Jim says that it is called a "soloist" If you can find one I recommend it for Legit stuff. I found a new one for $126.00 . I think Jim calls the new one the C80. I recommend the "soloist" if you can find one.Best of luck to you :)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by jamterry
        (573 posts)

19 years ago

P.S. the new one I found is a "soloist"

1. by SaxAppeal
          (67 posts)

19 years ago

thanks, what reeds do you prefer?

Reply To Post

2. by jamterry
          (573 posts)

19 years ago

I use Vandoren traditional 2 1/2 to 3. La Voz Medium to medium hard is my second choice.