Saxophone Forum

by jazzfool132
(144 posts)
19 years ago

Buescher True Tone

I know someone that has a Buescher True Tone with a serial # of 165,xxx or 156,xxx. (I'll confirm this later) I was wondering if I should bother to look into this horn. Also, I would like to know if it is a beginner model, intermediate, or professional horn. Finally, I like to know how much a horn of this kind would go for. I plays perfectly and has a few scratches, all of the pads in intact, and each of the keys are still attached. Thanks, -Josh

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jazzfool132
    (144 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Buescher True Tone

What year was this Beuscher True Tone made? It's serial number is 165,xxx, I recently found out. Please, if anyone has an idea about the age of this horn, respond. -Josh

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

That would be a 1924 model, Josh www.drrick.com/buesc.html The Buescher True Tones are one of the few pre-1930 horns which had fairly good intonation

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

And yes, It was a professional horn at the time!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by jazzfool132
          (144 posts)

19 years ago

In fairly good, to very good condition, how much could be asked for a True Tone of 1924?

Reply To Post

2. by Dave Dix
          (421 posts)

19 years ago

They are good pro horns as for value its best to look at completed sales on ebay Dave

Reply To Post

3. by johnsonfromwisconsin
          (767 posts)

19 years ago

They aren't worth an awfull lot. The altos are especially quite cheap and plentifull. www.junkdude.com might have a number of them available. Still, True-tones are quite nice, perhaps the earliest horns you could still consider 'modern' enough to play in a variety of settings.

Reply To Post

4. by eman19
          (131 posts)

19 years ago

Defintely agree. I play A Buescher TrueTone tenor in several bands and mine is from 1928. Its got a great sound, and the price is hard to beat. I got mine for I think somewhere around a grand.

Reply To Post