Saxophone Forum

by Sax_Shark
(134 posts)
18 years ago

I was wondering....

I was just thinkin', is it important to be fexible in your methods as a musician? For example: Should you pick one type of reed or mpc and stick with it? Or would it be better to be picky about the quality of and individual reed. For me, if I pick up a new reed to play on and its made differently from the other reeds in the box then I usually continue to play on it until it works out. To me the difference in a subparr reed and an acceptable reed is about 2 weeks of playing on it everyday. Thoughts? Opinions?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Re: I was wondering....

It seems like someone's always coming up with a better idea.....or at least they want you to THINK that it's better. I suppose when you've been playing as long as I have, you can spot a flop when you see one! But really, what works for me might not work for you; different strokes for different folks! Selectively try new products. Ask around, get other people's opinions, and give it a try. In my brief case right now, I have about 30 different kinds of reeds! I have soprano reeds, alto reeds, tenor reeds, baritone reeds, all in different sizes. I have alto clarinet reeds for my F Mezzo soprano, and bass clarinet reeds for my C Melody. Of course, I have a few clarinet reeds too!

Reply To Post Yahoo!