Saxophone Forum

by Radjammin
(255 posts)
18 years ago

Do you cherish good repairmen?

I took 2 horns over to my local repair guy, Mike at Harrison's Music in Richmond VA. He took a dent out of my student trumpet while I was there, I didn't want any touch up(did this for free, shhh). It's just a Holten T602. He took my Cannonball alto in to put the mother of pearl (I mean plastic) key back on. Bis had fallen off. Also I asked to have my Front F and E looked at, they weren't speaking very well. Said it would be ready in a couple of days. I found him after my old repairman retired when his athritis got to bad. My point is, for players like myself that really do not like to toy with their toys, I am just thankfull I have a good repairman. Image if my repairman gave me the kind of run around I get from my cell phone reps. God I can feel the pain as I type thinking about that. So cheers to good Repairmen! Anyone else want to give your repairmen praises? Or maybe your just that good and want to praise yourself.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Do you cherish good repairmen?

I'll Amen to the good repairmen.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

18 years ago

Good repairmen are indespensible. I share a 6 pack with the other shop boys from time to time

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

18 years ago

my repairman is going to be one of my groomsmen in my wedding! He's a very important person in my life and a very good friend!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by wvujazzman
      (48 posts)

18 years ago

Absolutely! I most certainly would NOT trust myself to work on my horns... I'm fortunate, as you are, to have someone who's very talented at what he does. I don't hesitate to take any of our instruments to him for all levels of work, from simple adjustments to complete overhauls. He's quick and inexpensive - a great value! Eric

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

18 years ago

I most certainly do, even though I *try* to do work myself. I'm surprised how many will give you advice and such. I guess it's because they generally allready have as much work as they can handle.

Reply To Post

1. by martysax
          (148 posts)

18 years ago

I pray for Emilio's good health and attitude to continue forever. I don't know what I'd do without him.

Reply To Post