Saxophone Forum

by lapoza
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Comparison of soprano's L.A Sax Cannonball Antigua Jupiter

I am looking at getting a soprano soon. i currently play a yamaha 82z Black laquer alto and a Armstrong student model tenor. I am needing a soprano for church music but I only have around 1000 for it. I know that these brands are in that price range but don't know which would be best. has anyone tried these models and what are your opinions. Please only post if you have tried one of them

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Comparison of soprano's L.A Sax Cannonball Antigua Jupiter

The LA Sax, Jupiter, and Antigua Winds are all basically the same horn. They're all decent. The Cannonballs tend to be a little brighter by design, and may not be as well suited for church and classical music. You may want to look into a Yamaha YSS 475. I would think that you should be able to find one for a little over $1000 if you shop around.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by senior
    (23 posts)

18 years ago

I am playing a A586ql Antiqua sop. For the price I paid I find it to be an excellant sax. I bought it from Kessler. Here is a link. They carry several brands. www.kesslermusic.com/sotw/sotw.htm Good people to talk to. They make sure of what it is you want, make recommendations and check the sax tuning and quality before sending it to you. You will almost get a couple of hundred change from your thousand. If you buy one from them or not, it is worth a look see and to talk to them.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

I have a used E.M.Winston with which I am very happy. I paid just over $200 for it on Ebay, took a risk, but it paid off. They are out of Boston, and the reputation seems to be growing. New, you can have them for anywhere from $799 to $1325. You can access their website at www.emwinston.com

Reply To Post