Saxophone Forum

by KitKat70
(8 posts)
18 years ago

Connsaxman I need your help!!!

Hello not sure you remember me, but here it goes. I'm in a crunch. I have to sell my sax. If you go back to page 2 you'll see my first and only post titled "HELP!!! What year was it made in???...." You gave me some really good information there and I thank you. However, my dad has come into some really big medical problems (he had open heart surgery in early December) and he's been out of work for almost 2 months. Before this the water pump in his well stoped working, the furnace broke down and now his oven has stopped working as well. He had saved up a couple thousand dollars prior to his surgery to take care of these things. I didn't realize until recently that that's the money he's being using to pay his bills and buy his prescriptions. So, I really need to get what this sax is worth. I know a guy that owns a local music shop and collects vintage instruments and i had taken my horn there before however he only offered me $400.00. And i this was before I had any idea what it actually was lucky me i was smarter than he thought and knew i had something special i justed didn't really know how special as of then. I would really appreciate it if you could provide as much information as possible on my horn and maybe a couple legit referal sites that i can use. And please if you have any credentials of your own so that I can use the information you post here it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry to ask so much of you, but I'm really in a crunch and if you could do this it would mean the world to me. If you would prefer to send me an e-mail let me know I'm not sure if I have it listed on my profile here.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Connsaxman I need your help!!!

KitKat, If your saxophone is in good condition, I would suggest consigning it on this site (click on the consign tab at the top of the page for more information). If you decide to go through something like Ebay, be sure to put a decent reserve price. You don't want to let it go too cheaply. My prayers for your Dad's quick recovery.

Reply To Post

1. by KitKat70
      (8 posts)

18 years ago

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Hi Kit Kat, Sorry I got this a little late, but I did send you an email. I'm trying to remember your sax, and I looked through some of the posts that I have answered and I couldn't find yours. I'll be waiting to hear from you, and I'll do whatever I can to help. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!