Saxophone Forum

by saxtothemax
(3 posts)
18 years ago

Sax on a budget

Hi, I'm new to saxquest. I was just surfing the web looking for a nice low cost soprano sax (I know that's an oxymoron) and came across a site, music123.com. On the site is listed a brand of sax called Barrington. Does anyone know anything about them? And if so do you recommend them. Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax_Shark
    (134 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Sax on a budget

I've heard that they are a very good STUDENT horn. If you're looking to play it for something of a higher calling, then I don't think you should buy that one. Take a look at the Antigua sops on kesslermusic.com. Remember, you will get out what you put into a horn.

Reply To Post

1. by saxtothemax
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks for your advice! I will take a look at kesslermusic.com. I have been playing the trumpet for 30 years and I wanted to try something new. I am a big fan of the soprano sax "sound" and I have a friend who will give me lessons if I buy one. I've heard that the soprano sax is the hardest sax to learn, but I am determined to give it a go :-)

Reply To Post

1. by jamterry
        (573 posts)

18 years ago

Saxmom has a soprano that she is very happy with. I think that it is an E M Winston. Saxmom I hope you see this post. Sax on a budget needs your help Terry

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

18 years ago

Yep. I'm happy with my E M Winston.

Reply To Post

2. by jing24
          (31 posts)

18 years ago

look for the vintage one's on this web site they r preety cheap

Reply To Post

3. by saxtothemax
          (3 posts)

18 years ago

My buddy just bought an E.M. Winston and he seems to be generally pleased with it. I have tried to locate the Winstons on Saxquest, but can't seem to find them? Has anyone heard of the Barrington Soprano Saxes?

Reply To Post

4. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Barrington is a second line of LA Sax. They are made in China. They seem to be better than many of the Chinese horns I have tried, but I haven't really played one to amount to anything. A guy brought one into my friend's shop one time looking to sell it. I'd say it's pretty comparable to a Winston.

Reply To Post Yahoo!