Saxophone Forum

by saxgurl1994
(4 posts)
18 years ago

Can anyone scan a song on the comp...

Hey I'm Morgan but most people call me Mo, Well I'm new to the sax and would like some one if they don't mind to scan a song sheet on the computer and put it in a post to me. Sincerly, Mo

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by stevenm1955
    (12 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Can anyone scan a song on the comp...

Finale 2005 by SmartMusic can take sheet music & turn it into a MIDI/like file. I think it is mostly piano oriented. No, I don't have the program, but I hear it WORKS!!

Reply To Post

1. by saxgurl1994
      (4 posts)

18 years ago

Is it free, because I can't afford to by songs all the time.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by saxgurl1994
      (4 posts)

18 years ago

Is it free, because I can't afford to by songs all the time.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by saxjunkie89
        (393 posts)

18 years ago

what kind of song do you mean? I have PrintMusic! 2004 (same company as Finale 2005) and could do something of the sort for you. If I could be of any assistance, just post here (rather than e-mailing me)

Reply To Post

2. by stevenm1955
        (12 posts)

18 years ago

No,sure not free!!!! These programs are in the $300-400. These are some hi-tech magical 'state of the art' programs. Imagine... It takes printed musical notation interprets it, and turns it into music. Way Cool...Mucho bucks. That other gal-SaxJunkie 89 uses PrintMusic. She says she'll help you. I still want to learn more about this. Geez- What if you put in the Guitar/Piano/Vocals sheet music for: Beyond the Sea... What in God's name would it do? Anyone know?

Reply To Post

1. by saxjunkie89
          (393 posts)

18 years ago

uh, I be a he, fool. If you ever took the time to look at people's info, you'd be able to tell that. I just checked your info, and there happens to be nothing there... strange. This is probably your first post, so I'll let it slide. The music program I have, PrintMusic! 2004, was actually only around $50. The only limitations it has is how many staves you can put in it (24 max.) It's actually pretty easy to work, you just click the notes onto the staff. One of the acquired abilities you need is the knowledge of how to transpose, which is not an easy matter sometimes.

Reply To Post

2. by saxjunkie89
          (393 posts)

18 years ago

OK, never mind, your info is coming up now...

Reply To Post

3. by saxjunkie89
          (393 posts)

18 years ago

oh, and I also did not notice your initial reply to the topic when I was rambling...

Reply To Post

4. by stevenm1955
          (12 posts)

18 years ago

No.... Most programs will associate music (on the staff) w/ its 'sound'. That is a given. Finale Notepad (free w/ the Hal Leonard learning Method books) will do that. That IS not the 'magic'. Final 2005 will take already scanned music (scanned in by a scanner) & TURN IT into accurate music. CD music, .WAV music. Now, I have not actually done it, & I don't have the program- but my old Flute instructor did something like that once. This stuff is almost 'state of the art'- The program actually READS music & will play it for you. Amazing. Hanga around abit- someone here is going to pipe-up & validate this. I actually have a Finale 2005 but I don't have the numbers. Therefore I only get 30 days- then I can't print or save. Hey anyone out there talk about these wonderous 'live' scan-to-music programs?

Reply To Post

5. by jing24
          (31 posts)

18 years ago

go to www.sheetmusicdirect.com and install scorch it's free and the site has ton's and ton's of songs they will only let u see the first page but it' has popular songs from seseme street to love boat

Reply To Post

6. by saxgurl1994
          (4 posts)

18 years ago

sorry i havem't answered in a while I keep forgetting to come on All you guys have great ideas thank you so much

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM