Saxophone Forum

by saxpower
(3 posts)
18 years ago

Suggestions for upgrading-tenor

Hello all- I play in a community symphinic band. I've vome to the conclusion its time to replace my 1967 vintage Conn 10M (my understading is thats about when Conns started to go south) I'ts getting harder to keep in tune and to get sound on low notes. I've had it adjusted, repadded, etc- helps briefly, but thats it. I played another band members tenor the other day and had him play mine- he had the same problmes I did,and I was able to play much better on his Cannonball. Anyway, since I'm not a pro, I dont want to put too too much money in this, but want to buy something better than just decent. The Keilwerth EX-90 seems to be a possibility, but I would appreciate any suggestions- especially horns easier to play in low register. I can spend $1,500-$3,000 (with some flexibility) Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax_Shark
    (134 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Suggestions for upgrading-tenor

I'm considering a Yamaha YTS62 as a professional sax to go to college on. I've asked this same quetion and have found the YTS62 to be the best buy for the money. Granted, I don't have one yet but I just thought I'd share what I found.

Reply To Post

2. by syrasax
    (75 posts)

18 years ago

I went with the YTS-62 last year and have been very happy with it. Going price is around 2100 +/- and they're relatively easy to try out since many music stores carry Yamaha.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Absolutely. The Yamaha YTS-62 is a great horn and a great value. They have a nice sound, a smooth action, and they are easy to play.

Reply To Post Yahoo!