Saxophone Forum

by JZ
(83 posts)
18 years ago

Ok now, what's the weirdest mouthpiece. . .

Interesting responses on the most obscure sax discussion. Now, What's the weirdest (or most interesting / obscure) mouthpiece you have ever played? The game's afoot !

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by blackfrancis
    (396 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Ok now, what's the weirdest mouthpiece. . .

It's got to be the Gale alto piece with 3 rails. Worked pretty well, like a Gale should.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

18 years ago

I havent seen many, but I had one student who complained he couldnt get a sound out of his horn one day. I go to take a look at the horn, and lo and be hold an 'odd' smell. Turns out the mouthpiece had a filter in it, and he had been using it and the neck as a bong!!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

18 years ago

I have a couple old Conn mouthpieces from the early 1900's that are pretty strange looking. I have a red clear plastic Conn Comet tenor piece that I believe is made by Runyan in the 1950's. I've seen some adjustable mouthpieces that were quite unique.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by chiamac
          (586 posts)

18 years ago

Jim, can you somehow put up a few pics online? and I have to laugh at using the whole mouthpiece/neck for a bong... its' funny what kids will smoke out of! and I have heard of those 3 rail pieces, seems intresting but yeah.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM