Saxophone Forum

by LukEE2017
(10 posts)
18 years ago

Selling Saxophone

I have a Jupiter professional saxophone *not sure what model*. but it has a high F# key , its worn but still plays excelently. can anyone tell me how much it is worth?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Selling Saxophone

i cant give an exact, but dont expect anywhere near what you paid for it. new jupiters are overpriced for the quality of the horn

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by saxophonegrl_alto_bari
      (48 posts)

18 years ago

alto, tenor, or bari??? or other. i am looking for a cheap bari. anyone know where i can find one?

Reply To Post

1. by barisax999
        (400 posts)

18 years ago

what exactly do you want by "cheap" hell i could get you a bari for $500, and most of the keys will be there if your lucky. are you looking intermediate or pro. as a general reccomendation i would say go P Mauriat. you cannot get more horn for the money that a Mauriat. A new pro series is just under $4000, and this thing will out play a series II from selmer and a yamaha 62. people are dropping their vi's and going mauriat. ill warn you though, with the increase in price of french brass, the price will be going up soon, if it hasnt already... good god, i sound like im being paid to advertise for the company, but i swear i am not. junkdude.com and saxalley.com both sell them.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by saxophonegrl_alto_bari
          (48 posts)

18 years ago

no i am looking for something between inter and bigginer. nothing fancy just something that plays and doesn't need much repair.

Reply To Post

2. by barisax999
          (400 posts)

18 years ago

a beginner bari is a waste of money. how old are you and do you have a school horn to play on, if so, what is it?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by johnsonfromwisconsin
          (767 posts)

18 years ago

a beginner bari is a waste of money. how old are you and do you have a school horn to play on, if so, what is it? Any Bari, including student models, that can be found cheaply and in a decent state of repair are not what I'd call a waste of money.

Reply To Post

4. by barisax999
          (400 posts)

18 years ago

if you are good enought to move up to bari you should be reasy for at least an intermediate horn. if you actually buy a bari, you should carry the intent to carry on with the saxophone following high school. if you are in high school, even as young as a freshman, you will want a new horn in 4 years, its not worth the money. use a school horn until you figure out what intermediate/pro horn you want.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

5. by saxophonegrl_alto_bari
          (48 posts)

18 years ago

i play the bari, and i do use a barrowed horn from my teacher, not my school. i am planning on buying one and playing it through collage.

Reply To Post

6. by barisax999
          (400 posts)

18 years ago

then use that bari through high school and you can start looking. in college, depending on where you go, they will probably have baris to play, so you'll want to first get set up with a strong alto and keep mooching off of others peoples baris until you can get a really nice one

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

18 years ago

What is it? Soprano, alto, tenor or baritone? What do you mean by "it's worn"? I need a little more information here. Approx. how old is it? Serial number? I really can't tell you anything based on the information that you have provided.

Reply To Post Yahoo!