Saxophone Forum

by Kitch22
(98 posts)
18 years ago

Reunion Blues Sax Cases?????

I looking at some cases and gig bags to purchase for my alto, most likely a contoured design. The Reunion Blues "gig bags" look nice, but I'm just not quite sure if they're just what I want. What does everyone know about this specific brand of sax cases? Do they open conventionally like a "book", i guess, or are they essentially a bag as the name suggest. Is there anywhere I can see a picture of one opened up? I guess my biggest question though, is: what's the real difference from gig bags and cases, more specifiacally in how they open? Thanx for the help.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Kitch22
    (98 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Reunion Blues Sax Cases?????

. . . . ??????

Reply To Post

1. by knorter
      (205 posts)

18 years ago

The reunion Blues cases that I own or have seen are leather bags that unzip partially and you put your horn into the opening in the case. They don't really open up like a book. I haven't recently shopped for one so I wouldn't know if they have changed there design. Which type of sax and what are your needs? Where do you store the horn, where do you take the horn, how do you travel with the horn? These are all important questions to help determine which case you need.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

18 years ago

Thr reunion blues simply look nice, though they do little protecting of the horn. If you want to look at some nice contoured cases that dont cost to much and are very protective, look at the SKB and Protec cases. You should also take a look at cases by Hiscox, BAM, Gator, and Walt Johnson. Those are all super protective and nice cases. Just dont go with a bag... repairmen call them ATMs for a reason

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by jamterry
      (573 posts)

18 years ago

Stick with hardshell cases. I remember when I was a teen that I wanted a gig bag. My teacher said that my horns were too valuable to me to risk damaging them. On the weekends i played gigs and rode the bus and subway carrying my horns. I made a little money but I wouldn't waste it on cab fare if I didn't have to. None of us musicians had cars because spent our money on horns. When I got home my parents would be in bed, and my sister would be waiting up for me. The first thing she would say was you smell like cigarettes!!!! I didn't smoke, but the clubs were thick with it. Then she would ask me if I was drunk or loaded on drugs. To this day she thinks she is my mother. An alto is easy to carry. I used to carry an alto and tenor across town. I'm glad i had hardshell cases. Sorry for the long story!!!! Terry :))

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

3. by Kitch22
      (98 posts)

18 years ago

I've opted out of getting a Reunion Blues bag after more consideration, and order a Pro Tec Pro Pac Contour case. They look pretty nice, and aren't too pricy; and from what I've read, they provide great protection of your horn, and also have a neck slot inside. Anything you guys know about these cases? Hope I've made the right choice!

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

18 years ago

great choice!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM