Saxophone Forum

by Stewart_Dreis
(12 posts)
18 years ago

What Do I Need?!?!?!?!

I'm not sure what I need, or what I want to do is even possible. Is there any computer program out their that can take what i play on my alto and make it into sheet music. If so can you please tell me, and what else I might need to make it work.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxophonegrl_alto_bari
    (48 posts)

18 years ago

Re: What Do I Need?!?!?!?!

why do you want one??? I mean if you play it already, then you don't need it as sheet music...what ever. yeah. i don't think that i have ever heard of one of those...

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

18 years ago

I do know of such a program that will work with a MIDI keyboard, but I haven't seen anything that would work with a saxophone. Try Guitar Center, or www.musiciansfriend.com

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by chiamac
        (586 posts)

18 years ago

yeah, that's until someone makes a midi sax... I have an idea, but need to find a few programmers first. =)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by barisax999
      (400 posts)

18 years ago

they make them, i dont remember where to get them. but you dont want one. improve your music theory skills by getting finale and writing it out.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Mlenox
        (36 posts)

18 years ago

The tech. does exist but I don't recomend that you invest in it. I agree with everyone else, invest the time in writting it down your self. It will not be easy or quick, but you will learn. Learn a lot. Sibelius or FInale would be ok investments bc they will play back what you imput. This will allow you to double check what you have entered. If you want to capture live improvs, tape yourself and then use the tape to pen down or enter into sibelius what you have played. This a great oppurtunity to grow in understanding of what you are playing, how you think about music, and develop your ear. But the initial idea of notating what you are playing is a great idea. And incorporating tech. in an imaganitive way is inspiring. So don't stop thinking out of the box, just dont pass up this oppurtunity to grow as a musician. Keep it up.

Reply To Post