Saxophone Forum

by PAUL SAX
(1 post)
18 years ago

? GENUINE OR COPY

Good Afternoon, I am writing this e-mail from Bloemfontein, South-Africa. A town in the Free State province. I have recently bought a Tenor Sax. The name (London Sax Co.) is engraved on the sax. (This was imported from somewhere in the UK) I am very interested in trying to get to the origin of this instrument. All I know / heard is that it was made somewhere in London UK. Would that be correct? Where can I get more details about the manufactures of this sax? I can't seem to get any relevant info on the web. Might this be a cheap copy? There are two numbers engraved on it, 0603 and 2304661. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank You and Regards Paul Slater [email protected]

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: ? GENUINE OR COPY

Nice to hear from you! It is definitley a copied, or stenciled horn as we call it. The problem Is finding out who it was stenciled by. Most likely companies to have stenciled it are probably Buffet and Selmer, but there are a few others it could be. Are there any other things you describe on the horn, or better yet any way you can post some pictures? Nice to have you here on the forum, Hope someone here can help more

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: ? GENUINE OR COPY

Also, just because something is a stencil does not make it a bad horn (not that I know whether it is one or not...)

Reply To Post