Saxophone Forum

by mili
(3 posts)
18 years ago

King Super 20

well- I started w/ an email to saxquest- but how about I widen the input options... I've had this sax sitting around for too many years- it's time for someone to play it like it deserves to be played! The serial # starts with 298... neck #'s match- Case says Gatzen, and it's a wreck...Should I even think about selling this baby?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: King Super 20

Gatzen or Getzen?

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
      (396 posts)

18 years ago

More to the point, what is the brand name on the horn itself?

Reply To Post

1. by mili
        (3 posts)

18 years ago

The case does say Getzen on the handle...the horn is a King Super 20

Reply To Post

1. by martysax
          (148 posts)

18 years ago

Depending upon condition, my opinion would be ~$2000++? If it is in excellent condition, with side pearls and all original, either an alto or tenor could fetch ~$3500-4000. I love my Super 20 tenor so much, I just bought a Zephyr alto too.

Reply To Post

2. by mili
          (3 posts)

18 years ago

It is all original, as far as I know- I purchased it in the early 70's. Had some pads replaced a couple of years later...but no other work was done on it. The pearl keys are all intact. No dings- finish is a little worn, but I think it just needs a little cleaning. I guess my options are get it appraised and consign it or just put it on the free trade site...wish I had a local person that I could trust to look at it- I guess shipping it is a normal thing- just sounds kind of risky. Anybody know of a Florida contact?

Reply To Post

3. by slydrummer
          (1 post)

16 years ago

i was wondering what year the sax was made? and the serial number is what?

Reply To Post