Hi All, first time on this sit

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Help with identification !

If the music store says it is in an unusual key, it may be a C melody rather than a tenor. It would be slightly smaller than the tenor, and pitch would match that of the piano (off one octave). Check out the pictures on saxpics.com and see if it matches what you see there. That may be some help. There are also some people here who know much more than I, and might be able to help if you could email them some pictures. I can't help with that, though.

Reply To Post

1. by saxman202
      (3 posts)

17 years ago

Hi Saxmom Thank you for this info. Had a look at saxpics.com and still not sure. The sax I have got looks more like a tenor true tone from the pics. I think that if I could identify the make, then I may be able to trace what it is. Is there an easy way of telling by looking at it? Thanks again Saxman202

Reply To Post

1. by Cfogarty2
        (1 post)

17 years ago

Hey, I work in an instrument repair shop. Some of the older guys here are always working on and trading vintage saxes. If you could email me a picture I would be happy to ask them. [email protected]. -Chris

Reply To Post

1. by mike87
          (1 post)

17 years ago

I have in my possession an old Conn silver curved soprano. I have seen models of this type, but never with a serial number below 100xxx. The serial number on mine is 64xxx. Anyone know the I.D. or a value? Thanks!

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

17 years ago

Serial numbers go as low as 2,xxx according to the chart at www.drrick.com/conn.html Yours would date to 1921.

Reply To Post