hi looking at buying a silver

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

17 years ago

Re: ol conn

Hi Phoebe, The serial number indicates a 1924 year of manufacture. Without seeing the horn, it is impossible to identify it for certain, but is likely a New Wonder Series I model, and a Low pitch. Not quite as desirable as the Series II "Chu Berry", "Transitional", Artist "Ladyface", 26M/30M, but still a nice horn. Without the letter above the serial number (S,A,T, B), sans a photo, I can't tell you if it is an Alto, Tenor etc.

Reply To Post

1. by phoebe
      (5 posts)

17 years ago

hi, thanks for the info the letter above the serial number is "O" and it is an alto for sure

Reply To Post

1. by phoebe
        (5 posts)

17 years ago

it has rolled tone holes and the tuner on the neck

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

17 years ago

Phoebe, Are you certain that "O" isn't a "C"? Conn C-Melodies of this period were marked as such, and had straight necks and micro tuners like and alto. If it is indeed a C-Melody, the usefulness and value just took a bit of a nose dive, alas. Post or email a photo/link and I will identify it for you.

Reply To Post

2. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

17 years ago

Here is a link to some photos that will illustrate the above info: www.saxpics.com/cpg143/displayimage.php?album=632&pos=1

Reply To Post

3. by phoebe
          (5 posts)

17 years ago

i don't have a pic of it at the moment, but will take one today did any alto's have "o" if not, likely it is a c then rats

Reply To Post

4. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

17 years ago

I've been playing, collecting and repairing saxophones for many years, and I've never seen or heard of an "O" letter used in the Conn cataloging system. I think it is unfortunately a "C". :(

Reply To Post

5. by phoebe
          (5 posts)

17 years ago

yeah, sad but true i'm afraid thanks for your help

Reply To Post