I hate the collectors ! First

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Tranesyadaddy
    (279 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Collectors

tho when they fall off the perch you can sometimes pick up a bargain.

Reply To Post

2. by zarniac
    (2 posts)

16 years ago

I own an early Mk VI tenor in nearly perfect condition. I bought it many years ago for $1700. I do not play professionally. I own it because it gives me pleasure to do so. Since when is that a crime or a reason for hatred? I also own a Yanagisawa T-992. It's the horn I always play now; it cost me twice the $ (inflation not factored) as the MkVI. It not only plays better, but I think it sounds better, too. My sax teacher calls it a monster horn. Years from now, who knows -- it might be worth a considerable amount of money. Why don't you buy one of those, or a Jupiter, or some other quality stencil. They're out there, you know. Then in twenty years, when it's worth a bundle, the little snot-nosed horn playing punks of tomorrow will have someone to hate for not giving it away.

Reply To Post

3. by bantyrooster3660
    (14 posts)

16 years ago

ive had some horns that i lost years ago..due to stupid mistakes and bad choises. wich i severely regret to this day.. now that i have rekindled my passion for saxophones,i feel like all horns are buetiful. lamp stand or not.i look at each one is unique and special. no two horns are the same. they are like my kids.ill never regret loosing any more.. my promise to myself..

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

16 years ago

As a LONG time player who also collects (that is an understatement), I'd have to say that someone here is obviously just a "playa hata". :D

Reply To Post

4. by carltonjazz
    (25 posts)

16 years ago

true, but it's not a crime and theres always a horn out there. the biggest gidfference is that vintage selmers go up in price with time and modern horn go way down in price

Reply To Post