I am trying to track down spec

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by bantyrooster3660
    (14 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Buescher Alto - Aristocrat #273645

i looked up this serial #..ok what i have is this..269000 is a 1935--and, 291000 is a 1940.. so i did this..and im not to good at this eather.. 291000-269000=22,000 in 5 years.devided by 5=4,400 a year.so a 35 is a 269.000- then a 36 would be a 273400-a 37 is a 277800- a 38 is a 282200- a 39 is a 286600- a 40 is a 291000.. so i see this puts your horn a, 1936 model year.

Reply To Post

1. by bantyrooster3660
      (14 posts)

16 years ago

i dug a little further.at 36.6 a month, i see it as a late january, to a early febuary. hey it night be this horns birthday this month. but thats the best i can do for right now. ill keep looking for you.god bless and good luck. nice horn u have..P/J.

Reply To Post

1. by bantyrooster3660
        (14 posts)

16 years ago

LETS MAKE THAT THE 2ND WEEK OF MARCH OF 1936

Reply To Post

1. by buescheralto
          (4 posts)

16 years ago

THANKS !! Your time & knowledge are very much appreciated !! I understand Selmer bought out Buescher way back - trying to figure out if Selmer kept the records for custom orders. I'd love to find out who it was made for. Any ideas on that ??

Reply To Post

2. by bantyrooster3660
          (14 posts)

16 years ago

try steve goodson/or paul coats. at saxgourmet.they seem to know thier vintage horns verry well.my first school loaned tenor was a buescher. i used it in jazz band. what a sound it made..to what your trying to find out is like a needle in a haystack. but anything is possible.if that dont work, email me at [email protected] have another thing up my sleeve.

Reply To Post

3. by buescheralto
          (4 posts)

16 years ago

Yeah I know - needle in a haystack is what I am up against. But I think it is worth trying. Get this - my beautiful 1936 gold plated Buescher took me through junior high, high school, jazz band, pep band, symphonic band, even marching in the rain for goodness sake (with that horribly ugly band hat over top of it to shield it from damage) - I got a detention for "not wearing the uniform correctly" but didnt' care. I had some clue but really no idea what a gem I had in my hands at the time. This thing has a sound that is unparalelled elsewhere - it is an amazing machine and I have the utmost respect for it now - now that I'm not marching in the rain anymore - I could kick myself for not realizing what was in my hands at that time. A few years ago I put it in the hands of my then-fourth grade son to try out band - he took great care of it but now I am thinking OH MY GOD that's like putting a vintage Ferrari in the hands of a child. PS, I have contacted Steve by email and three other contacts I found via internet, waiting for responses. I have had the best response from Gayle at vintagesax.com, and from you. She has been very helpful, as you have as well. I am very interested to see "what you have up your sleeve" - I will pursue that !

Reply To Post