I just picked up an old Wirlit

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by basssaxman88
    (68 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Wurlitzer Bass Sax

bass saxes usually go for 6,000.00 and up on ebay.com. i suggest holding onto the bass because they are prized instruments. if you want to sell it, i'd try talking to some symphonies or the mummers. wurlitzer is a staple by Conn. one way you can tell is the LOW C KEY COVER (it should look like the mercedes benz symbol with the 3 rod connecting). i hope this was helpful. I play a bass saxophone in the mummers. so if you want to play the bass and ur near philly, contact me

Reply To Post

1. by 5-J
      (3 posts)

16 years ago

bassaxman88 thanks for the reply. Everything I've read on the Internet supports what you mention about Conn. I need to work out the purchase details with the widow and hopefully it will be something I can afford. The horn does need a little bit of work, some pads replaced, a couple rods need to be straightened out, new cork. All in all it's in pretty good shape other than the finish but that's to be expected with an old horn. I had the chance to play it last night in the jazz band that I play in and had fun with it. If I am in the Philly area I will look you up. Thanks for the offer.

Reply To Post

1. by basssaxman88
        (68 posts)

16 years ago

My name is chris and my E-Mail is [email protected] if you want to contact me, i'm in broomall string band. and ur welcome, anytimes sir

Reply To Post