Saxophone Forum

by conncollector
(1 post)
16 years ago

Silver and Gold Plate Martin Supertone C-Melody

Hi there- I am a Conn saxophone collector born and raised in Elkhart, Indiana (where Conn & Bueschers were manufactured). I just acquired a what was less than attractive Silver plate with Gold keys Supertone C-melody sax. When I bought this, it was so tarnished I could not see the gold plate keys or gold washed bell. It restored beautiful with only one small pin size ding just below the lower thumbrest. The engraving is simple, but it is a Martin made. Question is, going through records, I have not came across ANY supertone models that specified Gold plated keys and posts? I buy and sell instruments as a hobby so that I can support my CG Conn collection (which is about 100 strong). Anyways, I restored this to resell, but such limited info has me believing I should keep this in my collection. Both my father and grandfather retired lifelong careers at CG Conn. Grandfather was an engraver for over 50 years and my father was Manager of Engineering for over 37 years. We have alot of instruments, and have come across SuperTone models before (either Conn or Martin) but always were lacquer, silver plate, and NEVER two toned. The saxophone plays great, sounds great, but before considering sale, I want to try to find out more info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dana Lockwood

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!