Saxophone Forum

by kgray96057
(1 post)
16 years ago

75 era Selmer Signet

I played tenor throughout high school and college. Worked my way up from a rental horn to a (then) new Selmer MVII. Gigged around town after college- and then my circumstances changed. Love, live, all that stuff. Sold the horn and moved on. Twenty odd years have passed, and I want to get back into playing. I find that I really, really miss the ability to express myself through the horn. I've tried to placate my, ah, urge- piano, recorder, even my old alto- pulled from under a pile of dust in my parent's house. But... I'm pretty sure nothing will do but another tenor. Now. I'm completely out of practice, lip gone soft, etc. I understand that it's gonna be a while- if ever- before I can play well enough to appreciate another high end, pro horn. And frankly, I don't have the dough for either a new or vintage pro horn right now. Love, life, etc. On the other hand... I think the memory- if you will- of my past skills and past horn would make a purely student model hard to take. I have a line on a vintage Selmer Signet- serial puts it in the mid seventies production. Has the S joining the bell and body and all of that. Seems the horn was played a couple of times when new and then stored. No appreciable wear- save for the dried out pads, which will be replaced. Even has the original warranty card in the Selmer case. This seems like a solid horn- a little better than the student models, not quite up to the pro level. My question is- what would be an appropriate price?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!