Sax vs. Sax vs. Sax
Through my years of playing tenor, I've accumulated quite a few nice vintage horns. I've alternated between them to serve as my main gigging horn, but I'm interested in your opinion. Here are some of my favorites for playing rock and blues gigs. Please rank them in the order of your preference, assuming all are roughly equal condition and properly adjusted:
1. 1950 Conn 10m, nice finish that may not be original, metal resonators, no RTH.
2. 1939 Martin Committee II Lion & Crown, original finish 90%
3. 1933 Martin Handcraft Imperial, relacquered then delacquered, gently both times.
4. 1930 Martin Typewriter, satin silver, gold wash bell.
5. 1919 Conn New Wonder Series I, small dents on bottom but set up for a big sound.
I understand very well that this is completely subjective, but opinions are exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help!