Saxophone Forum

by PIP
(29 posts)
19 years ago

'05-'06 marching show

What is your band playing for next year's show? We're doing a jazz them with Birdland, Adelina de Maya, Channel One Suite (mvt. III), and Malaguena.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by straightj
    (18 posts)

19 years ago

Re: '05-'06 marching show

I don't know what we will play this coming year. In my high school career, we've done two shows. 1. Sun, Moon, and Stars (II) -Moonlight Serenade -It's Only A Paper Moon -Sun and Moon -Moonithology(combo of ornithology and ????) 2. Tribute to the city of New Orleans (I) -South Rampart Street Parade -Can't Help Lovin' 'Dat Man -Just A Closer Walk With Thee -When The Saints Go Marching In I am very exited and anxiously awaiting the announcement of next year's show. I'll respond again when I know.

Reply To Post

2. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

19 years ago

ive played all the selections youve posted, andelina de maya was in our last show, its great music. especially channel one suite, one of my favorite songs. we are looking at possibly a Zorro show

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

19 years ago

malaguena was awesome we played it this year were doing a bad show, as far as im concerned, next year its like killer music, tocatta and fugue *phantom of the opera*, physco, a night on bald mountain I hate the field commanders and I already have senioritis, but i think were doing the macys thanksgiving day parade

Reply To Post

1. by altosaxgeek5
        (1 post)

19 years ago

We're doing songs from The Blues Brothers... Awesomeness.

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
          (297 posts)

19 years ago

We're doing La Nouba, from the famous circus thing, Cirque De Soleil, sorry if I spelled it wrong. Sounds pretty interesting. -tenor562

Reply To Post

2. by SaxAppeal422
          (5 posts)

19 years ago

We did La Nouba this year! It was awesome! The song Reve Rouge is a bit boring and if you haven't seen the show seems out of place. But we watched a video of it in band and it seemed to go along with the feild show. Have fun next year! You'll LOVE A la Lune.

Reply To Post

2. by tenor562
        (297 posts)

19 years ago

We're doing La Nouba, from the famous circus thing, Cirque De Soleil, sorry if I spelled it wrong. Sounds pretty interesting. -tenor562

Reply To Post

3. by mojocoggo
        (97 posts)

19 years ago

Woah.... Thats what my school did last marching season.. Do you know what songs you will bel playing? We played Distorted, A la Lune, Urban, and I forget what the ballad was called....

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

4. by tenor562
        (297 posts)

19 years ago

That's awesome. I Don't really know, I'm going to be a freshman next year and they told us what the show was. How is it? Good, hard? I really don't know much about it. -tenor562

Reply To Post

5. by mojocoggo
        (97 posts)

19 years ago

It is really fun to play, and in the song 'Urban' there is a really awesome tuba/bari sax solo that sounds real nice. The music is fairly easy.... Good luck!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

6. by TrentG
        (15 posts)

19 years ago

Last year, '04-'05, we did a jazz theme. We played "New York Fantasy/You Gotta Try," "April In Paris," "Hey, Pachuco!" and "Harlem Nocturn" (misspelled I think) This year we are doing theme called "ClockWorks" I forget the songs, but I saw the music... It's fast, alot of runs for the woodwinds, and it is going to be great! Some of you might see me. We are doing something next year where we compete against america or something, and also it's going to be a state year.

Reply To Post

7. by west
        (242 posts)

19 years ago

Elmodena highschool enters the field and the crowd goes wild! rrraaaaahhh! Anywho, we're still not sure. our teacher hasn't told us yet but we suspect that it has something to do with cultures around the world. Last year, we played Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein". That was a fun year.

Reply To Post

8. by The_MarkVI
        (80 posts)

19 years ago

anyone here do BOA's?? (bands of america competions)

Reply To Post

9. by barisax999
        (400 posts)

19 years ago

i have, they have some alright stuff. but a lot of it is a scam with travel agencies and such. like there european tour thing, sure you can go after the 50 dollare reg. fee, and then if you make it and then pay another 5000 dollars. just be careful

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

10. by O_o
        (9 posts)

19 years ago

I did some classical/african tribal infusion pieces this year by an oddball composer, and next year i'm doing "La Bouba" it seems pretty popular. wO.Ot

Reply To Post

11. by saxgrobie
        (86 posts)

19 years ago

"Cleopatra: Queen of the Nile" . . . the overdone Egyptian theme! But it seems cool, from what I have seen of it. It's neat because we're having it written for us, so no one has ever done it before. (FYI: it's not because we're especially good . . . my director just has composer friends, LOL.) Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

12. by west
        (242 posts)

19 years ago

Elmo is lucky too in that way. We have a guy named Rudy A.. He is/was a member of Blue Devils and Pacific Crest. Our new director, however, isn't good atr composing on the account of it's her first year out of college. Our percussion section is extremely lucky. Their coach is Mr. Keylor, and their co-coach is Ivan. I van won some percussion competition and for the past 2 years, he has been declared the best drummer in the world. He helps a couple schools in the same city, so those schools are pretty lucky too.

Reply To Post