Saxophone Forum

by bloomtodoom
(1 post)
5 years ago

Are the buescher elkhart ind saxophone true tone any good

Hi wondering if anyone can give me any infor about a sax i have recently brought  its a  buescher elkhart ind saxophone,  true tone , are they good saxophons and did inget a bargain,  i purchased it for £40 DOWN THE market its got no dents, it looks to be solid brass its dirty and dis coloured but ive started to polish it and its coming up lovely  the serial  number is 84610 ive addes some photos if anyone knows anything  about it i would really appreciate any infor thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Are the buescher elkhart ind saxophone true tone any good

https://www.saxophone.org/museum/saxophones/manufacturer/16/history/0

Buescher history link to the info on this site.

Everything is here if you look.

This was an earlier model without a front F. There are still a number of classical players that would use nothing other than this particular model. They are extremely common. They originally had snap in resonators, so pads were installed with no adhesive. In my opinion, a raw brass horn with a nice patina should be left as is. Unpolished. It does not affect the music it makes in any way.

Pushing the saxophone industry to the 1960s', this classic horn design became the Bundy after Selmer USA aquired the company.

Value playable is around 500 bucks USA, unless it truly needs a major trip to the technicians bench.

That cant be determined by the pictures.

Its worth what someone is willing to pay you for it.

Its greatest quality is its wonderful sound.

This is One persons experienced opinion!

Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by mgictwnger
      (46 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Are the buescher elkhart ind saxophone true tone any good

After the theft of my beloved King soprano 20 years ago I was in the market for a replacement. A local repairman had two for sale: a Mark VI and a 1926 silver plated Buescher tru tone. 
      I had been playing my VI tenor for 30 years and my VII alto for a long time also, so I am a French Selmer guy. That said, the Buescher had the prettiest sound I've ever gotten from a sop. I bought the Buescher and have never regretted it. 

Reply To Post