Saxophone Forum

by saxmike777
(6 posts)
18 years ago

Signet Tenor

I am currently in possession of a Selmer Signet Tenor sax, i was wondering if it is considered a vintage horn, and if so can i have info on it, because the selmer website seems to discriminate on this particular model, so any info would be great, thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Signet Tenor

If it has the S bell brace between the bell and body it will be based on the buescher 400 model (after selmer bought out buescher in 1963 ) and are a good imtermediate horn , the later ones are more student horns. Selmer signet have nothing to do with selmer paris models. I suppose you could call it vintage but not as we know vintage Dave

Reply To Post

2. by super20rocker
    (1 post)

18 years ago

I have one of these (signet tenor) dates to around 1973. I've been asking around for a while about these saxes and I have heard that it's a good intermediate level horn, a selmer-owned Buescher / Bundy type sax, american made of course. I eventually got a better sax because I wasn't completely satisfied with the tone. I still keep it for when I play rowdy shows. You can look up the serial number at this page below(signets are after "Purchased by Selmer USA" in 1963: www.saxworx.com/bundy.htm

Reply To Post

1. by Espo207
      (1 post)

16 years ago

I just purchased tonight a Selmer Signet Series. Not sure exactly what year or model. Can anyone help? The only numbers provide were on the back of the horn. 660653. Please E-Mail me at [email protected]. I am in the Army & do not have a lot of time to surf on the internet. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Reply To Post