Saxophone Forum

by tlyons
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Sax by Serial Number

Hello friends, I have a Buescher Sax that I need to find a home for, but I am having trouble finding out information about it and its worth. Is this typically done by serial number, and who would know this information? Sorry, I'm obviously in the dark! Thank you!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Sax by Serial Number

you can date a Buescher sax to the year with the serial number. We can help you if you like(we need the number though) or you can find a serial number chart at www.drrick.com or on saxpics.com hope that helps

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

Remember that the serial number is only one piece of information for determining value. The condition of the body of the horn, the laquer, the keys, the pads, etc., all come into play.

Reply To Post

1. by kindcreations
        (2 posts)

17 years ago

HI, I have a sax that I can not find anything out about. It appears to be from the early 1900's is silverplated. Serial number is 155808 Low Pitch, is marked Oliver Ditson Co Boston New York. Its really beautiful, has mother of pearl touches. Can you help me? It is an amazing piece in the original box. I am interested in selling this, and would like to know some information on it 1st. If I can sell this one for enough, I want to give my son a Bundy that I purchased. He is 4 years old and really has an ear for music, he picked it up the 1st time and played it like hes been playing for years.

Reply To Post