Saxophone Forum

by Radjammin
(255 posts)
18 years ago

Images for my site!!! www.vintagehorn.com

Hello all, I don't mean to ring my own bell but my site is starting to look really sweet. What am I missing? non-copywrited content. If you guys got any images or your own content, like to write? If you just got images that great too. I asked the guy at saxpics.com but he wanted me to link to his site. One of the points I was doing my site was to centeralize content. I added him in my "sites to visit" list but I want some pretty pics for my site. can be any vintage instruments. Thanks very much. Radjammin.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxylady07
    (2 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Images for my site!!! www.vintagehorn.com

I've got a 1929 silver Selmer w/ engraved bell (S/N10275 & 3365N). It has some tarnish, but I'd be happy to send you some pics if you're interested.

Reply To Post

1. by Radjammin
      (255 posts)

18 years ago

Ya Sure just send them on over. [email protected] Perfer at Least 5 or Images, just to show off the horn. Try to take images of the areas of the horn you really like.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

My 4 primary areas to cover are: Saxophone,Trumpet,Trombone,and Clarinet As I said before I will take any vintage horn from post 1920. (site's focus is on playable,modern instruments - not antiques) I am sure you understand what I mean, Like I would love to get some nice pics of a 444N Conn Clarient but I don't want any Sax - o - horn pics.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by chiamac
      (586 posts)

18 years ago

I'll try and take some neat pics tonight, and forward a few that I have. =) now i get to use my new camera!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by saxjunkie89
        (393 posts)

18 years ago

i've got an old A. Fontaine metal clarinet in A and a Martin alto sax

Reply To Post

1. by saxjunkie89
          (393 posts)

18 years ago

oh, i forgot, would those be good ( if I had a digital camera)?

Reply To Post

2. by Radjammin
          (255 posts)

18 years ago

um, yes unless you plan to mail me the horns I would need digital pictures.... Hey thanks in advance to anyone that sends me pics or any content. Remember try to send me things that you would want to look at. I'd like to add value to the vintage online documentation. The site focus is playable vintage horns. In other words horns that people should think about buying if they are in the market for that type of instrument. I want the big money items photo's but also horns that maybe not as valueable but play well.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by saxjunkie89
          (393 posts)

18 years ago

i can probably borrow a camera from somewhere the clarinet is playable, and the middle range and very low notes on the Martin are iffy, but they're both overall great instruments

Reply To Post

4. by saxjunkie89
          (393 posts)

18 years ago

Radjammin, I have a camera to use. I also have another sax to take pictures of. A Silver Plate King Zephyr Tenor, dating to 1944. I'll probably get the pictures to you within 48 hours.

Reply To Post

5. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

18 years ago

Just to update: we would still like to see more photos of great Vintage horns, so if you have them please send them our way. I've submitted a number of my own to the Vintagehorn.com gallery, and slowly but surely the examples are increasing. Thanks all. Saxismyaxe/Mike Moderator staff: Vintagehorn.com, Sax on the Web, Saxplanet.net

Reply To Post

6. by chiamac
          (586 posts)

18 years ago

andrewthomasdesigns.com/photography/buildings_other/pic10.htm that's a pic of my 6M I still need to get more, but I've been lazy lately.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

7. by Radjammin
          (255 posts)

18 years ago

I already have a lovely image of that era 6M provided by Sax Mom. I might use the image as a site pic but probably not double it in the Horn Gallery. I might do different finishes in the same gallery but I don't plan to double post the same horn. I might include refinished and original. Do you know if the photographer minds me using the image? Worst thing in the world is for a non-profit site like mine getting in bad with copyright problems.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

8. by chiamac
          (586 posts)

18 years ago

I was the photographer... =) if you need to tag it wtih anything just use andrewthomasdesigns.com also let me know if you do use it and need a bigger file.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

9. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

18 years ago

Chiamac, You have some outstanding photos on your site. As a commercial illustrator and portrait painter by trade, I can fully appreciate your talent and abilities. Lovely work my friend!

Reply To Post

10. by chiamac
          (586 posts)

18 years ago

"saxismyaxe" thank you! =)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM