Saxophone Forum

by JazzToys
(1 post)
18 years ago

Reed Cases

I just wanted to spread the word on a manufacturer of some really neat reed cases. There is a company called KenKase Music that manufactures reed cases out of all types of wood. I just bought a Walnut case with my initials on it and it looks incredible. Each case is handmade, custom to order. Whether or not you are currently thinking of buying a reed case, you should at least go to the website and check it out. The website is www.kenkasemusic.com and there email is [email protected]. The owner is Dave Kennedy and he took a lot of time with me explaining all of the endless combinations that could be used in creating my case. Even though the cases are custom, they aren't much more than a good, off the shelf case you would buy in a music store. Dan

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by MarkLavelle
    (300 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Reed Cases

Wow - nice stuff. I only wish they had more pix of finished cases. Am I correct in assuming that they basically make solid wood versions of the Selmer cases with glass on the bottom and felt on the top?

Reply To Post

1. by SQ1
      (13 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Reed Cases

Very nice. Is yours the sort of thing you'd be happy bunging in your instrument case, or is it so nice you'd not want it to leave home?

Reply To Post