Saxophone Forum

by skyfreak
(5 posts)
18 years ago

Back...after a long hiatus

Howdy foks!! Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Mike...aka Skyfreak (since my other hobby is skydiving). I played the sax all through junior-high and high school band. I always made top ratings at solo competitions, and I was a Music Studies (aka Music Education) major for one semester before getting a nasty letter from the Dean telling me to take a semester off...after only my first semester! I've taken a 15-year hiatus from the sax, but I recently found a Mark VI tenor (I always played alto...own an early-model Series II) on e*ay that I wanted and that has brought be back into the fold. I'm taking lessons again, and I'm looking forward to building my skills back up. I have a bit of regret that I wasted 15 years...I can only imagine how much better of a player I would be today. However, my sax prof has taken me as a private student (even after all these years), and I'm looking forward to developing as a sax player and musician under a very accomplished teacher. I hope to be active in the discussions from time to time, and I appreciate the forum. SF

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!