Saxophone Forum

by allstar255
(1 post)
18 years ago

Jazz Alto Hard Rubber MPCs

I was trying to find a good jazz hard rubber mouthpiece for my Series 3 alto to go with an Optimum lig. I'm look for a rich, warm, dark sound. I want one in the price range of $60-120. Right now I am playing with a Link Tone Master. Here's what I was considering: Rosseau JDX Rosseau Studio Jazz Meyer Hard Rubber Meyer G Vandoren V5 Vandoren Optimum Any opinions or suggestions? Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Jazz Alto Hard Rubber MPCs

Whats wrong with the Link Tone Master? That should be a darker jazz mpc than any of the ones you are considering there. The ones you have listed are all considerably brighter than the link

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Radjammin
      (255 posts)

18 years ago

What about Van Java and Jumbo Java? I guess thouse aren't very Dark mpcs though.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by MarkLavelle
        (300 posts)

18 years ago

I have a Java and a Jumbo Java for my tenor and I can tell you that 'dark' is the very last word I'd consider using to describe the Jumbo! I wouldn't call the regular Java dark, either, but it's not at all edgy like the Jumbo. I think it has greater 'range', in the sense that the tone character is much more dependent on how I play it...

Reply To Post