Saxophone Forum

by drdan01
(1 post)
17 years ago

Selmer Artist Series

I'm looking for an intermediate bari sax. I saw someone selling a Selmer Artist Series. How does this differ from the Selmer Paris series? Is it s good sax?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Selmer Artist Series

Selmer Artist series horns are Selmer-Conn USA models made in Asia. Selmer-Paris is essentially a different company, who still makes their horns in France at twice the price. I have heard the Artist series is a good student horn for the money. But I'd sure compare to Yamaha, Yanagisawa, lightly used Selmer-Paris, Steve Goodson, P. Mauriat and others mentioned in the High School Sax section.

Reply To Post

2. by sangreal
    (3 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Selmer Artist Series

I saw the same Sax on a musical instrument website store. The price seemed fairly good for what it featured so I looked around for information too, I didn't find much. The only information I found about the LTDA series on the Conn-Selmer site was either in their magazine or "what's new" section. I never did understand the difference between Conn-Selmer and Selmer in France. However essentially the LTDA series is made to the same specifications as Selmer France's professional sax but it is made in Conn-Selmer's Taiwan factory. Conn-Selmer described it as a "high end" intermediate sax. The article said that only a certain number LTDAs were going to be made and after that no more would be made. I only found one review. The person basically gave it a rave review and said it was a very good sax and very good value for the money. He also mentioned that only so many were made or going to be made. I always view "only so many will be manufactured" with a bit of skepticism, but regardless it looked like good value for the money to me as well.

Reply To Post