16 years ago

Re: Correct fit for lig

How does a Rovner fabric lig cut in to metal mp. Stevo

Reply To Post

1. by lawrence.walker
      (4 posts)

16 years ago

Stevo the screw of the Rovner lig lays across the top of the mpc and barely clears the metal and consequently its thread cuts it

Reply To Post

2. by basiliko
      (21 posts)

16 years ago

yep...I use to use one & they tear the dukoffs up... try a brancher or oleg

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
        (653 posts)

16 years ago

dukoffs have fairly soft metal, a couple people have bitten through them

Reply To Post

3. by sultanofsax
      (31 posts)

16 years ago

I use dukoff D8 on tenor, and i also tried the rovner, but my piece is nickel plated brass, not the "silverite." I use a silver selmer ligature from WWBW, i think it was like 15 bucks, and i love it. Its fits the piece well, and was fairly cheap. I have used it for over a year now with no problems. I used this setup for a while when i was still playing on my 10M, man what a huge sound!!!

Reply To Post

1. by lawrence.walker
        (4 posts)

16 years ago

I've been away on holidays. So thanks for the tips. A quite amazing thing tho', I was discussing this problem with a Reed shop down in Sydney and he said try a girl's hair tie. I said What? and he insisted so I tried it and would you believe, a hair tie wrapped round the Dukoff and reed sounded amazingly good. Even my family agreed it sounded better. Kind of sings. Believe it or.......

Reply To Post