Saxophone Forum

by Ralli
(1 post)
20 years ago

Determined

Back when I was in high school, I learnt to play the sax. I played it for 5 years. I also played the flute at the same time (very familiar when it comes to fingering and stuff). I had played the flute for 9 years. Anyways. For the past 3 years, I havent played either of them, and now I am determined to get back into my music. I picked up my sax for the first time in 3 years today. Mind you it sounded crap, but I was surprised at the things that I still new. Learning music is excellent. Whenever I was angry or depressed I would pic up the sax or flute or bass guitar and it would soon sooth me. I am determined to play again. Learning and instrument is like riding a bike. You never forget.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Determined

Welcome back, friend, and good luck on getting your chops back. It like the Amish do - if you leave and come back, that means you'll probably never leave again. I found the Rubank blue books a great cure for saxual hiaitus.

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
      (586 posts)

20 years ago

I'm in the same boat as you... It's fun to get back and play a little. But it goes in spurts, and I can't seem to keep focused on my sax for more than a month at a time. I just go between my DJ crap and the sax, that's not when I'm working on school stuff or working.=) good luck! Like Sax Maniac said, "you'll probably never leave again" and yeah that's true. It's a great hobby, and its' great to have sitting around!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

20 years ago

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to stay up late enough that I can get in some good, uninhibited practice time on a nightly basis. I should get one of those sound-deadening gig bags...

Reply To Post