Saxophone Forum

by mitali
(5 posts)
10 years ago

Aquilasax - problems and solutions

I ordered a c-melody metalpro widebody #5 from Steve on 24.2. His website said it’s available and I paid it. He wrote me on 3.3.: “I am embarressed to tell you that we don't have a CWB 5 GL in stock.” and suggested I could have another facing CWB or so. I said I’ll wait.

He never confirmed me the piece has been sent but my account says it was shipped 20.3. I never got it.

So, he took my $109.50 and I got nothing. I realize, that’s not so much money when talking about saxophones, but this never happened to me before. I’ve been buying things from all over the world for years and never before has this been done to me.

I thought Aquilasax is reliable but it seems it is the only unreliable firm I’ve ever dealt with. Steve doesn’t answer my mails anymore. No explanation. I’m sorry to say this, but:

Aquila sucks!

Has anybody else been treated this way by Steve?

Mikko

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Aquilasax - problems and solutions

Steve who................................... ?

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by mitali
      (5 posts)

10 years ago

Steve Wedgwood, the owner and boss of Aquilasax.

Reply To Post

2. by saxgourmet
    (127 posts)

10 years ago

Do you have a tracking number for the shipment? I think Aquilasax is in New Zealand......and international shipments can often be problematic......I don't know them, and know nothing about their business

STEVE GOODSON
    New Orleans
    www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post

1. by mitali
      (5 posts)

10 years ago

Nope. Steve said no tracking number for such a cheap postal paymant.

I have asked the local post - they can't do anything and told me to contact the seller - which I've been trying to do many times. 

Reply To Post

1. by saxgourmet
        (127 posts)

10 years ago

this is exactly why we ALWAYS use a shipment method with tracking......it costs more, and customers ncomplain about the cost, but at times like this it is helpful......why Aquilasax has not responded to your inquiry is another matter......

STEVE GOODSON
        New Orleans
        www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

10 years ago

Someone who would order a C melody off brand saxophone off someones website and paying in advance must have expected to be ripped off in the first place!!! (this is a joke.......right???)

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Saxquest
        (420 posts)

10 years ago

Hopefully, you paid by credit card. If this is the case, simple file a fraud report with your credit card. If the seller can't verify delivery your credit card will give you a full refund and the seller will be hit with a chargeback. Its on the seller to ensure secure delivery and they must be able to prove delvery. Best of Luck!

Cheers,
             Mark Overton
             www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by mitali
          (5 posts)

10 years ago

Steve contacted me. He said he'll fix the problem.

Since that's all I ever wanted, I asked the administrator to change the name of this thread less provocative. I don't want and I never wanted to do any more harm to Aquilasax than was necessary. This thread will of course still be found and everything I wrote will stay as is, but now the future customers of Aquilasax will not be frightened away.

The problem is not yet totally solved, but I strongly believe it will be. I will tell you when I get my mouthpiece.

Reply To Post