Saxophone Forum

by something sax orented
(5 posts)
19 years ago

ligitures

i am trying to veiw sax ligitures online and i cant find any. does anyone know a good website

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by something sax orented
    (5 posts)

19 years ago

Re: ligitures

i just got a good sax from my parents on Cristmas but i dont have a good ligature. i would like to know if there are any places where i could research and that put it on my list for next year.

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
      (297 posts)

19 years ago

There's a ton of places online where you can research saxes A good start is to check out Sax on the Web's forum www.saxontheweb.net/phpbb The people there are quite talented, and there's a whole forum about ligatures. If you're interested in purchasing a ligature, you should check out the Woodwind Brasswind. They're generally great to work with, but since they're one of the biggest stores out there, you have to be attentive. I've bought a Clarinet, and tenor sax there, and had no problems at all. www.wwbw.com ProWinds, also has a great deal on the Olegature right now. Their website is www.prowinds.com The Woodwind Brasswind also matches any better price you might find, so you'll definitely not get ripped off. Some good ligatures are the Vandoren Optimum, the Brancher Leggerio, the Rovner ligatures, the Olegature, and the Francis Louis. There are many other good ligatures, it's basically what works for you. I'm also in the market for a ligature, and I'm leaning toward the Brancher or the Olegature. Good Luck -tenor562

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I use Rovner ligs on all my horns. I've had very good luck with them, and they sound great. They have a website www.rovnerproducts.com Also look at www.wwbw.com They sell a wide variety of different ligatures and have pictures and descriptions of the ligs they sell.

Reply To Post Yahoo!