Saxophone Forum

by chrisdohfr
(3 posts)
19 years ago

Selmer AS700, did I buy a dud?

I loved the way it sounded with my mouthpiece (a meyer 6), but I'm afraid I didn't research very well. I might have overpayed. What do they go for (usually)?? Just need some validation from folks that this is a decent step-up instrument from my old beat-up Bundy II model. I've picked up playing again after about 6-7 years-- been playing for about 2 now. Feedback is very, very much appreciated! Play-on, Chrisdohfr

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chrisdohfr
    (3 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Selmer AS700, did I buy a dud?- UPDATE

Was bummed no-one responded to my post (oh well). Anyway, one of the springs popped on the new sax. Started to get really worried like I bought a piece of crap. The dealer fixed it for me, but I wasn't very reassured after some of his sweet talking. He also tried to tell me that the instrument is at least assembled here in the US. A friend of mine says that that's bull. The fact that it's named a "Selmer USA" is pretty misleading, considering the parts aren't made here. Bummed, Chrisdohfr

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Dont worry yourself laddie!!! The AS700 is a fine beginner/intermediate horn, and will last you quite a while, as long as you treat it with respect, like you should any other horn. I had a few freind that played theirs till near the end of college when they could afford a nice horn of their own.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by chrisdohfr
        (3 posts)

19 years ago

Thank you Mr. Irishman for your encouraging words. Chrisdohfr

Reply To Post

1. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

Haha, im not irsh, just a mite on the crazy side; after all I am making a living playing and teaching.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM