Saxophone Forum

by karebear1012
(395 posts)
19 years ago

Scales

My sax teacher is working really hard to help me memorize all different scales in all the necessary keys... Since I'm too lazy to write out tons of scales, i was wondering if anyone knows any websites where I could print them out... (harmonic min., natural min., melodic min., wholetone, blues, bop, etc.) I'm doing some of them by ear...but in keys like B major, it just gets so frusterating for me.. I'm also working on turn-arounds (I think?), with the ii V VI progression or something like that. Anyone know where I could find those in different keys? Sorry if you have no idea what I'm talking about.... Thanks! Kara

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barimachine
    (323 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Scales

get the abersold vol 3 ii V I book yea... and work out patterns go here www.jazz-sax.com and you can get like 250 pages of ii V's that go with the background for that book as for scales...uhg i cant find it but this will do...sorta www.apassion4jazz.net/keys.html

Reply To Post

1. by YanagisawA-901
      (312 posts)

19 years ago

dude..or dudette.. writing out scales is half the "fun" and benifit to learning them. write em out..

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by Jazzpath
    (19 posts)

19 years ago

I've posted a scale booklet of all major, harmonic minor, and modal scales...for people who don't want to write them out themselves.. It's free for download.. www.jazzpath.com Go to the dowloads page and you'll find it.. Good luck Brian

Reply To Post

1. by karebear1012
      (395 posts)

19 years ago

it's dudette...by the way.. but yeah, i would write them out, but i'm a little burnt out right now. i have so many auditions coming up and bands and lessons and school and stuff.... i wrote out all the bop scales and started whole tone... but i just wanna print them out right now..

Reply To Post