Saxophone Forum

by Island991
(22 posts)
19 years ago

weinberg mouthpieces

does anyone know anything about windcraft weinberg Emanon Jazz mouthpieces for alto? only just heard of them wondered if anyone else had? or even tried one?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Robin Earle
    (2 posts)

18 years ago

Re: weinberg mouthpieces

I now play on the Emanon Alto mouthpiece, in fact I have two. In both cases there was an improvement in all areas compared with two previous favourites a Selmer C* and a Meyer 6MM. The principal improvements were in articulation and tonal control and definition. The sound is quite centred, which may not suit all tastes. This move was also aided by changing from the Semer Mark VII to the Selmer Reference 54, which Dawkes, whom Anton works with, had set up immaculately. The Emanon mouthpiece retails at £175, and really needs to be tried before parting with that sort of money. To me it was a great step forward, and I hope I am still moving on. Spell Emanon backwards and you get a sense of Anton's quiet humour.

Reply To Post

1. by Robin Earle
      (2 posts)

18 years ago

Re: weinberg mouthpieces

Its me again - somehow the price for the Emanon came out garbled. Lets have another go. In England the Alto mouthpiece retails at ?175.00

Reply To Post