Saxophone Forum

by Strikrr
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Kessler Music

Has anyone purchased a horn or anything from Kessler Music www.kesslermusic.com/index.htm I am interested in purchasing a horn from them but wanted some feedback as to some of their stuff and what not.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by retromom
    (4 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Kessler Music

"Has anyone purchased a horn or anything from Kessler Music" I have and I can tell you first hand that the whole process has been fantastic. Risk free trial, absolutely No pressure to buy what you don't need and very friendly, professional , PERSONAL service from the owners. I live across the country from the B&M store and I had a few reservations because of that but the issue went by the wayside after my first correspondence with them and the praise they got from other people in my area who had made purchases long before I did.

Reply To Post

2. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Dave and his sons are amazing! Ive seen his site before, and talked with him once, and cant even think of something bad to say if my life depended on it. All of his stuff is top notch, he and his employees know their stuff backwards and forwards, and Dave wont sell anything not up to his own standards as a player, or let anything leave his shop up to snuff. It is impossible to go wrong with Kessler Music

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Strikrr
      (4 posts)

19 years ago

Wow...that's some pretty good feedback. I am really interested in his line of horns. Ie...

Reply To Post

1. by rsclosson
        (9 posts)

19 years ago

I have talked to David several times. I have also heard many great things about his custom line of saxes. I understand his trial period is pretty risk free including shipping(maybe just for SOTW forum members but I am not sure). His reputation is absolutely tops and is a great person to talk to. I plan to try a custom tenor someday, but cannot say anything about them from experience. check out the SOTW forum for feedback.

Reply To Post

1. by The_§ax
          (147 posts)

19 years ago

I had never heard of him until this forum, He seems like a nice guy!

Reply To Post

2. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

He extends that trial policy to all customers. You cant go wrong with anything he sells, he will be 100% honest with you, and if something is junk, he'll tell you. But that wont be anything he sells ya!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Although I have never met him or bought anything from him personally, I have spoken with him a few times, and I have heard NOTHING but good things about him. I have known several people who have purchased stuff from him and all have been very satisfied. If you're looking for an inexpensive starter horn, Dave Kessler would be a good guy to talk to.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

4. by Kimo
          (29 posts)

19 years ago

I received my Kessler Custom Pro Tenor last week and what a great horn for under $1000. I purchased the Antique finish. I am a serious hobby player and this horn suits the bill. You can start right in with the mpc and lig that comes with it. Go to saxontheweb.net and take a look. You can click on his site from there. I looked for a long time for a horn and not too many on-line vendors can be trusted, (guarantee, returns, quality, etc.), especially on E-Bay. Give Dave a call, he will help you through your purchase.

Reply To Post

5. by kesslermusic
          (8 posts)

19 years ago

Wow, thanks guys! Although, my wife will tell you that I dont need my head to get any bigger, I definately appreciate the comments. Just to clarify, my father Chuck is the owner, I am Dave the "& Sons" part of the business but if you ask me, the brains behind the whole outfit! However, my father plays a good role in the company. (cant wait for him to read this!) While I do have 2 sons, they are only 9 months and 2yrs9mos currently so other then coming in and banging on drums, dont do much for the businee yet.

Reply To Post